nursery preview

Thursday, December 20, 2012

We finally had a day with nice sunlight to take a few sneak peek photos of the nursery. Also, I just graduated to DSLR (we're still getting to know each other) so hopefully these pictures show the lovely light in the room. I'm still waiting on the buffalo check which will go into a crib skirt adding a lot more blue. It will also be on a toddler duvet and euro shams but most everything else is in place. My seamstress says next week - this is good becuase I'm technically full term next week!









And why blue for a girl? Well I've always wanted a soft blue and white nursery. I can't really say why, but maybe it was because of this girl's eyes - one of my dogs enjoying some of the fresh powder.

Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, Your photographs are beautiful, and the room looks sunny and light. I am sure that you will achieve great results with your new camera.

Why not blue for a girl? Colors have become too stereotyped. A delicate blue is just as appropriate for a girl. Your nursery really looks ready for its new occupant.
--Road to Parnassus

ArchitectDesign™ said...

love these detail shots -the hanging pictures are precious. What a lucky baby to have this room and you as a mom!

Woodside Park said...

Dear Ann,
Happy Holidays! Thanks for sharing the beautiful nursery - really lovely! The blues are so serene and just perfect for a little girl. And I love the 3 drawings / prints. Congratulations on pulling this together. What is your doggie's name?
Warm wishes,
Loi